Skip to main content

Summer Hiatus

❤ Thank you to all the students who interviewed neighbors, friends of parents and other community members, past and present, to make this year's blog a continued point of interest for the community.  See you in the fall with more Souls of Shaler Area.  Happy Summer!  ☺

Popular posts from this blog

Sharon Isherwood

Sharon Isherwood, French Teacher "When I was 26, my mother was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.  From one day to the next, I moved back to Pittsburgh from Paris and helped care for her until her passing four years later.  I have since lost my father to leukemia and have to say that I am still dealing with the loss of both of my parents.  Thanks to time, friendships and the love and support of my husband, I try to focus more on the joys of life rather than the sorrows."

Dennis Reagle

Dennis Reagle, Science Teacher “If I could write a message to my children I’d say, as long as you're doing what makes you happy and taking care of those who depend on you, you're making me happy."

Melissa McConville

Melissa McConville, Math Teacher "Upon graduation from Saint Vincent College, I was awarded the President’s Award. The winner of this award was determined by the SVC college community -professors, faculty, staff and student body. This humbling and inspiring award had a big influence on my confidence as a student leaving college to find and make a place in the world. I can’t express how much it meant to me to receive this honor from so many people that believed in me and that I admired - teachers, mentors, and friends. I still feel such humility and pride as the winner of this award. I hope as a graduate and alumnus I have continued to bring pride to the Saint Vincent College community. "